Panama city Jan 5-9... recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My cousin and I will be visiting/diving PCB Jan 5-9 and are looking for recommendations. Looked at various boats and none had anything on their calendars for that week. Any suggestions on operators to dive with this time of year? We plan on doing St. Andrews from shore (maybe once each side) but hoped to hit at least some shallower wrecks (neither of us are nitrox certified). We may also head to Destin Jetties, Pensacola Pier if the wives are up for longer day trips. Suggestions on places always welcome.

Try Panama City Diving
http://www.panamacitydiving.com/

Give them a call after Christmas and tell them what you're looking for and they'll fix you up. No worries on not having Nitrox, all of the inshore stuff is 60-80 ft on the first deepest dive with the second often being a bridge span with enough relief to max out your profile against air consumption.

Their website should have a calendar link but they're closed for a few days for Christmas.

Merry Christmas and happy diving.

I would suggest Diver's Den and if possible try to get Carlos as your DM. Carlos will also dive with you in St. Andrews if you want a guide.

Agree with Jeff. Divers Den is a great LDS to use. Dive trips with them, at this time of the year are Saturdays and Sundays and there is usually room on the boat. Carlos is normally the DM on the boat.

---------- Post added December 28th, 2013 at 07:31 AM ----------

Should have added that the Jetties at St Andrews State Park is a great (and only) shore dive in the area. Lots of great fish to see and the vis at the moment is around 30 feet.

Agree with Jeff. Divers Den is a great LDS to use. Dive trips with them, at this time of the year are Saturdays and Sundays and there is usually room on the boat. Carlos is normally the DM on the boat.

---------- Post added December 28th, 2013 at 07:31 AM ----------

Should have added that the Jetties at St Andrews State Park is a great (and only) shore dive in the area. Lots of great fish to see and the vis at the moment is around 30 feet.

Thanks.. How big is the boat if it gets full? How much in advance do we need to book?

You say St andrews is only good shore dive.. so should we not bother with Destin Jetties or Pensacola Pier?

Second this. Big comfy boat with a great crew, and usually enough snickers bars onboard to send you into diabetic shock.

I have not personally dove the Destin Jetties or Pensacola Pier, but I can vouch for the fact that every time I dive the St. Andrew's jetties - I always see something different. I doubt you'll go wrong either way, just time the tides right for best results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom