Panama City, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went out with Hydrospace last summer, and really enjoyed it. The boat that took me, my sister and bro-in-law was a 60 footer. That was awesome. Had plenty of room for everyone, plus you could ride on the front of the boat to get out of that diesel exhaust that always seems to get caught up in the back of boats (and makes me sick).

The viz did range from about 30 - 50 ft on the 4 dives that we did (2 dives on 2 back to back days). We did a couple bridge spans, an air force barge, and the Black Bart. The depths were 48' to 80' (according to my computers dive log). The depth was not bad at all. My sister and I ARE NOT depth divers. If we could do every dive 60' or shallower, we would! But on these dives, you didn't even notice that you were at 80'. If my memory serves me right, it seemed as though viz got a bit better as we got deeper.
Hope this elps you a bit.....

I use Hydrospace, and have always been satisfied with 'em.
Although the thermocline has been very late moving deep this year, the water temp that late in August should be swim-suit warm all the way to the bottom on the inshore wrecks and bridge spans.
This time of year the fish life is usually just phenomenal - the greatest show on earth!
Rick

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom