Panama City, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am planning to go to Panama City during the weekend of 27th to 29th of August with my mom (non-diver). A Mother and Daughter weekend! I know there are dive sites. I am just wondering if there is a dive boat that can take me and other divers out to explore the reefs or wrecks. Not crazy about looking for sharks. Other marine animals will be fine. Which dive boat do you suggest for 1 or 2 tanks dive? My mother would like to go on the boat looking around if possible.

Thanks for the info in advance!

I usualy dive off Splash via Divers Den shop. Inshore trip will be $55, and do a wreck at 60ft, and probably a bridgespan at 30ft. You can also dive the jetties if the tide is right for $5. We dont have reefs, just a few ledges.

jviehe:
I usualy dive off Splash via Divers Den shop. Inshore trip will be $55, and do a wreck at 60ft, and probably a bridgespan at 30ft. You can also dive the jetties if the tide is right for $5. We dont have reefs, just a few ledges.

at 60 ft, do you need 7 mm wet suit? Too hot? what do you wear? How is the visbility?

60'... shouldn't need much of anything more than a skin or swimmy suit. I usually just wear shorts as my last bottom temp at 65' was a whopping 84 degrees.

You may want to check with the dive shop before you go. Viz is usually 20-40ft, bottom temp mimimal 80f, but jellyfish can be around. Id say a shorty 3mm would do you fine.Really, a skin would be just fine.

wildmtn:
at 60 ft, do you need 7 mm wet suit? Too hot? what do you wear? How is the visbility?

3 weeks ago bottom temp was about 74. I had a 2 mil shorty over a skin and was almost too cold to continue the dive. I really wanted my 3 mil full suit. Others were diving in 3's, shorties, bikinis. Depends on you. I was told it was 80 at depth. It was 74.

Robin

RobinG:
3 weeks ago bottom temp was about 74. I had a 2 mil shorty over a skin and was almost too cold to continue the dive. I really wanted my 3 mil full suit. Others were diving in 3's, shorties, bikinis. Depends on you. I was told it was 80 at depth. It was 74.

Robin

Robin,

what did you go in PC? Did you go with Divers Den shop? I need more suggestions of having dive boat to take me out and dive.

Thanks.

Ok, seems like it is not popular to dive in Panama City?

There just isnt a lot of panhandle people on this forum. Most are in SFL of course, where the water is warm and clear and reefs abound. This is good for PC diving though, since you wont see as many people on a site as down there. Yes, viz is not as good, and there are no pretty reefs, but PC has wrecks! If you are qualified for deeper diving, there are 6 or 7 within range. Do a dive, you wont be dissapointed.

jviehe:
There just isnt a lot of panhandle people on this forum. Most are in SFL of course, where the water is warm and clear and reefs abound. This is good for PC diving though, since you wont see as many people on a site as down there. Yes, viz is not as good, and there are no pretty reefs, but PC has wrecks! If you are qualified for deeper diving, there are 6 or 7 within range. Do a dive, you wont be dissapointed.

Thanks a lot for more info. :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom