Panama City diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QuoVadis:
Just did 3 beach dives (on the jetties) there Saturday. It was pretty cool. If you want to save some money try that....
DIdnt know the jetties were worth diving anymore after all the dredging. May have to check it out again this summer. Did they fill in the lagoon?

jviehe:
DIdnt know the jetties were worth diving anymore after all the dredging. May have to check it out again this summer. Did they fill in the lagoon?
Not sure what lagoon you are talking about...This was my first time diving there.

You might want to call Divers Den before showing up. Casey does not captain the boat anymore. Supposedly, he failed his drug test. His wife, Debbie, does not deck anymore because she refused to take a random drug test. I was in P.C. this past summer with a class. We went through hydrospace and saw the Splash out on the water. I was gonna say hi to Casey but soon realized he was not the captain. The crew at Hydrospace told me they shouldn't really say what happened. I was informed by some people at PCDC that he failed a drug test.

dwright:
I highly recommend Diver's Den...Casey and his wife run the joint... well Casey mainly captains the boat "Splash". I dove the Black Bart last year with them...another one too but I don't have my log handy...anyhoo I would pony up do the offshore dive....

Dale
:scubadiver

Reef Runner:
You might want to call Divers Den before showing up. Casey does not captain the boat anymore. Supposedly, he failed his drug test. His wife, Debbie, does not deck anymore because she refused to take a random drug test. I was in P.C. this past summer with a class. We went through hydrospace and saw the Splash out on the water. I was gonna say hi to Casey but soon realized he was not the captain. The crew at Hydrospace told me they shouldn't really say what happened. I was informed by some people at PCDC that he failed a drug test.
Damn, assuming thats true, that sucks. Ive always had a great time with Casey on Splash.

How are the tides at the PC jetties? Destin jetties are out for the rest of the year because high tide is at night. I thought high tide was good for diving the PC jetties too. Is viz good at other times at PC?

It would be nice to have another saltwater option other than the Whiskey to tide us over until Spring. :D

I dove Ft Pickens jeddies on several occasions mid-tide, it can get a bit tough swimming against it, but its doable. Visibility even between tides can be as good as 15-20' and as bad as 5'. No access to it at the moment though, the road was washed away by Ivan... they should be working on it by now though...

Nope, same thing at PC. Best diving is at high tide, and there arnt any till 05.

I dove Panama City this weekend, with Tropical Sun. I see my earlier post was pulled without explanation, so once again I will say to avoid Hydrospace for your own safety.

I was going out with them in May or June of '02, and was informed by them that there was no need to analyze my nitrox tanks, They said they used a membrane system which guarenteed accuracy, and analyzing individual tanks weren't necessary. I voice my objection and left on the spot. Several divers accepted this information, and boarded the boat. 3-4 divers had their own analyzers, and insisted on analyzing their tanks. I don't know why Scubaboard would promote an operation like this with a clear conscience.

I snorkled the south or east jetties, I'm not sure which direction you would use for the one on the other side accessible by boat only, in july 04 before I got my ow. We snorkled inside the channel. But was wondering how deep the channel is and if any one has did a dive across the chanel. I know it would have to be on a slack tide, if even then it would be safe. Any one had experience with this or want to try it last week of Dec. 04?

QUETZAL,
Don't know how deep the channel is at it's deepest but my brother and I dove the side accessable by walking in the channel and we dove to 55 feet. On the protected side it is about 8 to 10 feet deep. When you cross over the rocks it imediatelly descends to about 35 to 40 feet, at least where I cross over the rocks...only in one location can you cross over the rocks without having to climb over the rocks and this is only during high tide.

JKSteger

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom