Panama City diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
Next week I have a job interview in Panama City. Since it's a five hour drive I plan to spend the night. I thought that I would take my gear and check out the diving....one does have to set ones priorities..diving first, job second right?

So what is the diving like up there and any recommendations on dive charters? What is the going rate for boat dives?

Chuck

Right now water temps are in the 60s, viz usually averages about 30 inshore. I usually dive off Splash, and an inshore trip is $55, offshore $65. We have some really nice wrecks offshore, 5 or 6 large ones in 100ft of water. Viz will of course be better offshore. Call Divers Den or Hydrospace for up to date conditions or to see where they are going this weekend. Seas look ok. If it wasnt so cold Id go with you.

You could always shore dive at the St. Andrews Jetties, I don't know what the viz would be right now, but when I did it a year ago or so it was a decent dive for the price.

Ben

OneBrightGator:
You could always shore dive at the St. Andrews Jetties, I don't know what the viz would be right now, but when I did it a year ago or so it was a decent dive for the price.

Ben

Theyve been dredging. Im not sure its worth it anymore.

jviehe:
Right now water temps are in the 60s, viz usually averages about 30 inshore. I usually dive off Splash, and an inshore trip is $55, offshore $65. We have some really nice wrecks offshore, 5 or 6 large ones in 100ft of water. Viz will of course be better offshore. Call Divers Den or Hydrospace for up to date conditions or to see where they are going this weekend. Seas look ok. If it wasnt so cold Id go with you.

I hate to appear lacking but what is the difference between a inshore trip and a offshore trip?

Colds not a problem since I dive with a 7mm FJ + hood (when needed).

If time permits we could grab some grub.

Chuck

Inshore and offshore are defined loosely as being within, or outside 6 miles of the shore, respectively.

I highly recommend Diver's Den...Casey and his wife run the joint... well Casey mainly captains the boat "Splash". I dove the Black Bart last year with them...another one too but I don't have my log handy...anyhoo I would pony up do the offshore dive....

Dale
:scubadiver

dwright:
I highly recommend Diver's Den...Casey and his wife run the joint... well Casey mainly captains the boat "Splash". I dove the Black Bart last year with them...another one too but I don't have my log handy...anyhoo I would pony up do the offshore dive....

Dale
:scubadiver

Yeah, I usually dive with Splash. No complaints. They seem to let you do what you want to, no time limits. Offhosre is definetly better, thought he BB is a must dive for the area. Other good wrecks are the Accoceek, Chipewa, Tarpon, Strength, Hovercraft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom