Panama City Dive Report 8/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wsgts

Reaction score
Taking a few days off with wife and Brother in law, so we loaded up "the other woman" to be greeted by seas of less than a foot. Kicked up the throttle to 25 knots, and made it to the EE Simpson tug in about 20 minutes. No current, fair vis, lots of fish around.

It's my brother-in-laws first dive in saltwater, so he and the wife dove while I prefected my freediving to 20 feet skills. Let me say, SCUBA is easier. I was able to get there, so after checking all equipment, and getting everyone's weight right, headed to the Strength.

Strength had great vis, but a muck line was moving in as I was tieing into the wreck. So, I got to see 40 feet of vis, wife and brother in law got to see 20 feet, which is still okay for inshore. Lots of fish there, little current but not bad on the North side of the wreck. One circle and we they were down to 1000 psi, so we ascended.

Headed to the Black Bart (brother in law has never seen it). Huge jellyfish surrounded the wreck, and I felt a little like Dorie and Marlin on tie in. Also had a pretty good current, which normally isn't a problem except I dropped 250 feet down current. Using my "hug the bottom" trick, I got us tied in, but not on the wheelhouse like I would have liked.

Three good dives for the folks, headed out again tommorrow to some offshores sites if the weather holds.

Later,
wsgts

Good Report. We'll be heading out on Sunday for some offshore PCB activity. Like to hit up the Accokeek to see if there are any AJ's we can shoot. Haven't had the chance to bag one of those bad boys yet.

I saw that "line of muck" you are talking about last Sunday. Sounds like it is moving farther offshore as it was around the LOSS Pontoon when I saw it a week ago.

The Jellies are definitely moving in. Might have to start wearing my wet suit top from here on out. Ugh...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom