Panama City Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RamblinManta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Going out with these guys next weeks on a 2 tank inshore. Anyone know where they've been diving lately? Heard they frequent the Black Bart when traffic permits but wasn't sure about where else.

They'll go all over. Twin Tugs and Akokeek are two of my favorites, but the bridge spans are cool, and there are some other wrecks that are nice in that area too.

The Black Bart gets hit pretty hard, but I enjoyed diving it very much. If you're new to diving you'll want to start on the shallower sites, and work your way up to the deeper dives over time.

They will be open to input from those on board. Ask for the Red Sea or the hovercraft; one of those and the Black Bart would be cool.

If you get a chance try out Divers Den, they are a smaller shop and have always been extremely professional
IMO and also run a smaller boat. They like the Red Sea and bridge spans as well, and their cheaper! Over all, great outfit.

Another quick question:

I'm going out with PCDC in the morning for a 2 tank dive and then back out that same afternoon for another 2 tank dive. Anyone here ever done this? Any tips?

No, but if you choose not to do your afternoon trip, my husband and I wouldn't mind being standby for your spots! There are a few of you doing double-dives that day, so not sure which one you are :)

Another quick question:

I'm going out with PCDC in the morning for a 2 tank dive and then back out that same afternoon for another 2 tank dive. Anyone here ever done this? Any tips?

• I don't get seasick, but if you do, start taking your seasick meds the night before the trip
  • Stay away from fried, and high-acid foods roughly 30 hours before the trip (pizza, BBQ, hot wings, generally not a good idea)
  • Dive conservatively, nothing bad about adding a minute or two to your safety stop, as long as you have the gas
  • Dive an appropriate nitrox mix
  • Stay hydrated, but don't overdue it (you lose about 8oz of water per AL80 you breathe)
  • Sunscreen, hat with brim, polarized sunglasses
  • Don't drink alcohol the night before
  • Get a good nights sleep
  • Long sleeve rash guard

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice I got regarding the full day of diving. Went out with PCDC yesterday and had a blast. Dive the Black Bart twice, bridge span 14, and the Hovercraft. PCDC is now the only shop I will use when I dive in PCB. Those guys are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom