Panama City Beach in December.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Rogers

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Doing a family trip for a week to Panama City Beach. I would love to dive everyday of trip but we all know the story with a non-diving family. Need recommendations for dive shop and don't miss dives in the local area.

I was down there the last week of Dec 2019 and we dive Vortex Springs (45-60 min away) as we only have 5mm and the gulf was showing in the low 60s if I recall.
Looking where you’re from, you might have gear to support those temps.
As for dive shops I used in the summer, I’d recommend PanamaCityDiving first followed by PanamaCityDiveCenter

There are lots of wrecks out there. The only deep one I dove was Accokeek (about 100ft)
Besides that I enjoyed Black Bart, Hovercraft, and various Bridge spans in the 70 ft range.

I was down there the last week of Dec 2019 and we dive Vortex Springs (45-60 min away) as we only have 5mm and the gulf was showing in the low 60s if I recall.
Looking where you’re from, you might have gear to support those temps.
As for dive shops I used in the summer, I’d recommend PanamaCityDiving first followed by PanamaCityDiveCenter

There are lots of wrecks out there. The only deep one I dove was Accokeek (about 100ft)
Besides that I enjoyed Black Bart, Hovercraft, and various Bridge spans in the 70 ft range.
Thanks. Yes I have cold water gear. 60s is what we have below thermocline at home.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom