Panama City Beach Dive and Lodging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking at comming down to do a boat dive on Aug. 12th. at Panama City Beach and also dive Vortex and Morrison Spring.

Where is a good, inexpensive hotel around the DeFuniak springs area? Also who would be a good dive charter to take out? I called Panama City Dive Center and their customer service was so lacking that I'm crossing them out.

So I guess it's down to someone else. Let my know who you all suggest.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Defuniak Springs doesn't exactly have a large selection of hotels.

Many folks choose the Best Western there. It's located right on the exit at I-10.
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwes...pertyCode=10184&iata=00157710&disablenav=true or www.bestwestern.com

As for dive charters, Hydrospace went out of business. PCDC bought their boats. They were very clueless on the trip we took with them in May, but I've heard more positive reports of improvement since then (until yours).

Dive Locker, Divers Den are other choices to look at in PCB.

JKSteger:
I'm looking at comming down to do a boat dive on Aug. 12th. at Panama City Beach and also dive Vortex and Morrison Spring.

Where is a good, inexpensive hotel around the DeFuniak springs area? Also who would be a good dive charter to take out? I called Panama City Dive Center and their customer service was so lacking that I'm crossing them out.

So I guess it's down to someone else. Let my know who you all suggest.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Avoid the Days Inn in DeFuniak, if possible. LMK about the BW. I have no firsthand knowledge.

I don't have to stay in DeFuniak. I was just thinking of getting a room off of I-10 because I don't want to pay thoes extremely high PCB area hotel prices when my objective is to only use it to sleep for a few hours.

Diver's Den any good or Dive Locker?

In the past I've only used hydrospace.

Jeremy

How picky are you on where you stay?

Shoot me a PM and I can send you to a 6 pack charter who's captain has guest rooms and a reasonable package for both.

I think thats also crabgrab weekend.

I just got back from that trip, I went with Panama City Dive Center. It was ok, nothing about them that I would raise a red flag over. Deckhand announced where all the lifejackets, oxygen, first aid kits were... I made a note of watching the captain do a headcount before leaving the site... i'd say they cover the bases on safety issues. It IS a cattle boat operation, the boat hold like 20 divers, but I can't really complain about the diving. That was just my experience.

PCDC has several boats, some are 6 packs. You just got stuck on the cattleboat, not always the case though...

The Ponce de Leon Motor Lodge is a standard "Patel Motel" just off I-10, between Vortex & Morrison. Clean, reasonable; friendly folks running it. Nothing special... 850-836-4044
IXΘYΣ

IXΘYΣ:
The Ponce de Leon Motor Lodge is a standard "Patel Motel" just off I-10, between Vortex & Morrison. Clean, reasonable; friendly folks running it. Nothing special... 850-836-4044
IXΘYΣ

Thanks,
I will give them a call.

Jeremy

I stayed at the super 8 this weekend. It was clean and the front was friendly. About the same price as the Best western so either one should suit you fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom