Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Call any of the dive ops mentioned above for a package deal, and ask & make sure your planned stand-by travel trip dates don't coincide with a major Japanese/Asian Holiday (for example Chinese New Year this past week) or a Western Holiday (like X-mas/New Years).

I'm back here in Palau right now having a great time!:D

I was in Palau in 78 before it was a dive destination ,and hung out with Burt Hamner who discovered the jellyfish lakes, it was perfect then, when we went back in 01 it was not the same alsot of the shallow snorkeling reefs aroud Malakal harbor looked really rundown. We dove with Necco Marine and they seemed to do a reasonably good job, I think a livaboard is the way to go, since the trip out to the dive sites is over an hour

just came back from palau. dived with sam's tours. top notch operation.

Just returned from a week on the aggressor and a week with Sam's Tours. The Aggressor was all it is cracked up to be. Excellent service and convenience. One of the divers pointed out that usually on a liveaboard there is "that guy" which nobody can stand but he missed our boat. We all got along great. Course the diving was so good it would have been tough to get in or stay in a bad mood. 5 dives a day offered. We hit all the good spots, some multiple times. With Sam's It was more of the same but usually I only went on 2 per day. I began having ear issues. My Utah ears are just not used to that much diving. Usually I only go one week at a time. I met a fellow scubaboarder Scott at Sam's and we had a great time together. Nice to hang out with someone who has practically lived there over the last 10 yrs. He brought me up to speed on the land based operations. All in all an excellent trip. I'll see what I can do about posting some of the pictures. You may have to wait for Scott. His pics are excellent.

Back
Top Bottom