Palau trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

U Long ranks up there as one of my top 10 all time dives. Jake was your flight on Korean on of the debacle fares from last fall?

while we're talking about flights... I heard Malay [possibly?] were doing direct flights from Manila? and thus getting around the dreadful connections at Guam (and entering the US for those of the great unwashed that have to be photographed and finger printed)... anyone know if this has happened or whether another carrier has decided to have a better connection?

We were together with Jake 11 and 2 Canadian friends. We were the ones that got the $475 Korean air fare over labor day. Of course we all booked it! Then it was cancelled in November, but they offered all of us a $745 fare. Still the best fare of the century. Korean Air was easy and comprable to Singapore Air... LAX to Seoul/Seoul to ROR...no LAX/HI/GUAM/ROR

To add to the report. Totally off diving, but those were the best hamburgers and onion rings all of us have ever had

Yes! Still an amazing fare of RT $747. Very easy flight, great service and all in all great airline!
U Long ranks up there as one of my top 10 all time dives. Jake was your flight on Korean on of the debacle fares from last fall?

It's united/continental 2x /week from manila to koror

sydney -> manila on philippines arrives 4.5 hours before that flight leaves, so a bit of a tight connection given that you have to *change terminals* (ie: enter philippines, pays taxes, pick up bags, move terminal, check-in, pay more taxes, exit philippines again)

if manila international was more like hong-kong (ie: one big airport as an international hub) then it would be a walk in the park. as it is, i'm looking forward to trying this adventure next week, so we'll see whether it's a fool's errand.

still - the guam route is so awful, it's worth risking having to spend an unexpected day or 2 in manila :p

the Guam connection is awful. I'm discussing options for my boss who's going this August....

pwl who do you dive with in Sydney?

I'm sure glad you ended up having a nice time and the weather got a bit better....thus I did not get a nasty gram...LOL....say hi to John, Jay and Cheryl for me....I'll post my report in a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom