Palau Trip Report March 6th thru March 16th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience of Sam's has been like this also. It's a great operation.
Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the report! I'm diving with Sam's in mid June this year, and have noted the dive sites you've mentioned -- will request for them. I would like some suggestions on local grubs, if anyone has them...

Thank you!

Thanks for all the info.

What about places to stay (on the island that is)?

There are many places to stay...like the PPR to places like a hostel...depends on your budget....same as great places for dinner like the Taj to the Rock Island cafe.....never had a bad meal in Palau.

In 2005 we stayed at PPR and dove with Sam's. Both were very good opeations but the reef was terribly bleached. I had been there once before in 1999 but was unable to dive. I was really disapointed in 2005 because of the rave reviews the health of the reef's received in 1999.

Have the reefs recovered? I would love to go back but can't justify it unless the reefs have had a remarkable recovery.

Willie

Hello all,

I am heading out to Palau first part of June. I am booked with Sam's for 3 days of diving (two three tank and one two tank (and Jellyfish Lake) dives. Got a good deal package through MDA here in Guam. Hotel is the West Plaza by the Sea (wanted West Plaza Coral Reef, but it is undergoing renovation in June). Any word on the condition of West Plaza by the Sea (other than being a budget hotel)? I have a half day to tour the town also (waiting for the 24 hours to fly) - anything that is a must-see there? How about places to avoid? Also signed up to swim with the dolphins. Any info that would make our trip better would be appreciated.

Jim

Hi. It was geat to read your post. I have been wanting to go to Palau for years. Why do you go in March? Is it the best time of the year to go?

Thnx for the report

The Taj's flaming-chicken-on-a-sword is an awesome presentation :D
(the whole thing was on fire, but that didn't come out in the pic)

Hi. It was geat to read your post. I have been wanting to go to Palau for years. Why do you go in March? Is it the best time of the year to go?

Yep late Feb thu Mid June is the best.

In 2005 we stayed at PPR and dove with Sam's. Both were very good opeations but the reef was terribly bleached. I had been there once before in 1999 but was unable to dive. I was really disapointed in 2005 because of the rave reviews the health of the reef's received in 1999.

Have the reefs recovered? I would love to go back but can't justify it unless the reefs have had a remarkable recovery.

Willie

Never really gone to Palau for the corals...although the soft corals looked great and the Hard and soft corals at the Big dropoff and down in peleliu looked great....If you want corals head to Indonesia.

The Taj's flaming-chicken-on-a-sword is an awesome presentation :D
(the whole thing was on fire, but that didn't come out in the pic)

Robert Does a great Job!....I've had a few drinks with him and he may meet me in Indonesia in November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom