Palau Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all, Palau is well worth the money and time. I think a live aboard is the best option. Will get a trip report posted next. I need to edit some video for the slide show, maybe another week or so.

Great stuff !!!!

I forget - which camera/lens are you using, especially for the Manta shots.
Also what was the viz ? (for the Mantas)

AndyT:
Great stuff !!!!

I forget - which camera/lens are you using, especially for the Manta shots.
Also what was the viz ? (for the Mantas)

I am using a Nikon D200 in a Aquatica housing and using the 17-55mm for the Manta shots. We saw them twice in German Channel feeding; viz was about 50-60 feet but there was a lot of plankton in the water, so it is good news bad news. If I had it to do again I would try the magic filter and try to shoot natural light. The 12-24 would have worked also.

Viz on the trip really ranged from spot to spot, but in general it was very good 60-90 feet.

Never been there but i think Liveaboard and Palau are two words that go just go together. Very nice pics!!!

mjh:
I am using a Nikon D200 in a Aquatica housing and using the 17-55mm for the Manta shots. We saw them twice in German Channel feeding; viz was about 50-60 feet but there was a lot of plankton in the water, so it is good news bad news. If I had it to do again I would try the magic filter and try to shoot natural light. The 12-24 would have worked also.

Viz on the trip really ranged from spot to spot, but in general it was very good 60-90 feet.

Thanks for the info - I'm off to Mozambique for Mantas and Whalesharks, was debating the use of strobes in the conditions you find these animals. Expecting 50 to 60 foot viz max.

beautiful!

ANDYT,

Were are you going on Moz? We are going in September, mainly land, but doing 4-5 days diving in the Bazaruto Archipelago. Will be very interested in hearing about your trip.

A couple more from Palau
cave3.jpg

crocfish2.jpg

hooktime.jpg

manta3%20copy.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom