Trip Report Palau Mar/Apr 2022 : Wrecks, Caves, & Reefs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did you get to Palau

All the details are in the blog post referenced, but essentially it was LAX-HNL, HNL-GUM, GUM-ROR.

Here is a link to the post with all the details:

- brett

I took a similar routing through Honolulu at the end of May going to Palau, but came home through Tokyo Narita instead of Honolulu in early June. We had some travel issues both directions , but those were one-offs that shouldn’t affect you. Bottom like is that United Airlines has been the primary airline serving that region for many years and still is. Tourism on the island was still very slow when we were there (though an international oceans conference in April helped and US military exercises are giving hotels and restaurants a big boost right now ).

The good news was that bookings for a one operator I spoke with showed a modest rebound around the end of this month, with things looking quite busy a 2-3 months out. I think right now is their normal low/rainy season anyway

I have a lot of underwater pictures and owe the board a trip report. Likely sometime over the next week.

EDIT: Probably should have added that while most United routings will probably take you through their Guam regional hub , at least some days the United planes seem to go GUM(Guam)-ROR(Palau)-MNL(Manila) and back , so I think getting to Palau via Manila is a possible option for people coming from Asia or Europe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom