Palau in late August or early September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
I have looked into Palau in mid / end october this year (on a live aboard) it this season ok, or what can I expect?
What is the difference between 7 days and 10 days on the aggressor (e.g. other dive sites?)

Coming from Europe the trip is either trough Seoul or Tokyo or Manila (don't think there are direkt flights from MNL) (didn't check Los Angeles yet), so I would either combined this trip with an shore based vacation in a nice resort.

Regards
Hogge

Hi,
Palau is basically a year-round destination as far as diving conditions are concerned. I've been there a few times during the period you're talking about and it was great. As has been stated already on this thread or others relating to Palau, it's even better around the time of the full and new moon as the currents tend to be stronger. Sounds great in theory, but in practice you might well have very limited flight options. Never been on the Agressor, only OH3, but if you have the chance to do a 10-day trip, then go for it! You'll probably repeat some sites, but they're actually quite different according to the tides and currents. One other thing about timing: check the official holiday dates in Taiwan, Korea and Japan - this will help you to avoid the crowds.

Coming from Europe, I would strongly recommend China Airlines, who fly from Frankfurt or Vienna to Koror, via Taipei. Frankfurt is a hub, so it's usually easy to get a connection there from wherever in Europe you are. The last few years I've been paying in the region of 1200 euros from Brussels to Koror.

Cheers,
Matt

Wishing you fair weather on your trip, Mimi... but I'm pretty certain that regardless of the weather you will have an amazing trip!

I'm interested in Palau because the father of an ex GF lived there for part of his childhood and told wonderful stories about it and another friend worked there for several years and loved it.

Back
Top Bottom