Palau 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thkhoo

Contributor
Reaction score
[Couldn't figure out if I could link a thread within Sony Snappers to my original post in the general UW Photography forum, so just replicated it again here. Sorry!]

Hey all, I just got back from 6 days of diving in Palau a few days ago and finally got round to writing up the dive report (can be found on my website/blog, which is in my sig) and thought I'd share some pictures with all of you.

All shots were taken with the Sony NEX-5, 10mm fisheye adaptor, Nauticam housing and dome port, 2x YS110a strobes. Manual settings. Just starting out in underwater photography so hope you enjoy these pics as much as I did taking them.

(ps - the fisheye is great at what it does, but I was severely missing the use of a "normal" lens. Time to hit the bank account for the appropriate ports... sigh...:idk:)

Cuddle fish by thkhoo, on Flickr

Coral by thkhoo, on Flickr

Jellyfish and the Sun by thkhoo, on Flickr

The Blue Hole by thkhoo, on Flickr

Blue Hole (BW) by thkhoo, on Flickr

Rusty Barrel by thkhoo, on Flickr

Namesake by thkhoo, on Flickr

Bottles by thkhoo, on Flickr

Sun rays by thkhoo, on Flickr

Jake's Seaplane by thkhoo, on Flickr

Reef-scape by thkhoo, on Flickr

Sea fan by thkhoo, on Flickr

Grey Reef Shark by thkhoo, on Flickr

Grey Reef Shark by thkhoo, on Flickr

The Chamber by thkhoo, on Flickr

Lettuce Coral B&W by thkhoo, on Flickr

Quick update: [video=youtube;J2NaRPgsh9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NaRPgsh9Q[/video]

Short video of some baitball action. Taken during my safety stop, while on my Palau trip. I still have dreams of Ulong Channel; waking up sucks! :wink:

Last edited:
Great photos, what were your manual settings that you used a majority of the time?

Thanks gadgs311. Most pictures were taken (generally) in the range of F/8-f/12, shutter speed of 1/100-1/125. Strobe power ranged from full to none. Night shots were at f/2.8. ISO200 for every shot.

Back
Top Bottom