paintin' tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would agree with using the shrink wrap covers. You can remove them every now and then, especially during a period where you're not diving so as to clean them well to avoid rusting. You can find various designs and your daughter can change the image when she gets tired of one.

Duracoat is neat stuff and very very tough but has a couple problems when it comes to using it for tanks. It comes in tiny little bottles suitable for doing a single gun and gets expensive in the larger sizes.

Also it is supposed to be baked which is of course is verbotten for aluminum tanks. Actually you can air cure it, it just takes a lot longer (several weeks) . However if a shop recognizes the finish as one that is is normally baked, they may be reluctant to accept your assurances that it was not.

oxyhacker:
However if a shop recognizes the finish as one that is is normally baked, they may be reluctant to accept your assurances that it was not.

Might finally be the push I need to get my own compressor!:D

What about those vinyl stickers you can cut out to any shape and color you want. Could you put those on a new painted tank? What problems would this cause?

Back
Top Bottom