Pain during urination 2 days after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone, I felt pain in the urethra after my last dive trip on Sunday.

On my previous dive trip, whenever i have the urge to pee, I'll wait till end of dive and pee when I'm back on land. Reason wad because i always found difficulty peeing when diving and most of my friends didn't have any problem doing so.

However, on my last dive trip. I tried to pee during a dive and finally I'm able to. To initiate, it's still difficult. But once it's out, it's all smooth. And I still have problem doing so, but i tried hard and I'm able to pee...

Monday morning on my first pee, i felt pain in the urethra. But it is bearable. And i felt pain on each pee. Sometimes more intense amd sometimes less. However, I saw some pus discharge.

I'm not sure if peeing at pressurized environment will cause any injury to urethra due to forcing it out... Anyone has the same experience before??

Uh Tim's . . .are you sure that diving is all you've done lately?

Get to a doctor.

What you're describing doesn't sound dive related at all. It does sounds like you might need some antibiotics.

with your location in Kuala Lumpur, i would go to the doctor and get a VD check and a scrip for some ABX..

"However, I saw some pus discharge"

I am not a urologist, but this sounds infectious to me rather than diving related.

great keep us informed...hope all turns out well...

Timz. Men just don't get common UTI's like women do. Urethritis is commonly an STD in men and the pus raises the index of suspicion. But in any event, it is almost certainly bacterial and does need treatment.

On the flip side I have read of possible UTI's with drysuit p-valves but I believe you are talking about wetsuits.

Edit: If peeing in a wetsuit were a risk factor for UTI's the Urgent Care's near dive sites would stay packed with divers. :wink:

Timz. Men just don't get common UTI's like women do. Urethritis is commonly an STD in men and the pus raises the index of suspicion. But in any event, it is almost certainly bacterial and does need treatment.

On the flip side I have read of possible UTI's with drysuit p-valves but I believe you are talking about wetsuits.

Edit: If peeing in a wetsuit were a risk factor for UTI's the Urgent Care's near dive sites would stay packed with divers. :wink:
I only wears the top wetsuit. Bottom are just beach pants.

But i've always unable to pee during a dive. On the last dive trip, i havr to force it out...

Maybe to forcing part injured the urethra... but I am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom