pages never stop "loading"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's not. never has been, but i just double checked anyway... The big Like button at the top of the thread isn't showing, but the little in-post one (at least in your post) is. My browser is currently "Waiting for www.scubaboard.com..." but that's not always the case.

It's not really waiting for ScubaBoard... It's waiting for content from Facebook... The browser will say scubaboard though, because that's the site you're on. The page from scubaboard is most likely complete.

While this may be an annoyance, it shouldn't hinder your user experience.

It is annoying, but because i can read and post as normal, i can deal with it... I find it odd that the problem stopped for 3 weeks and then started again. The first time around, my browser would be waiting for various sites (sometimes SB, sometimes FB, sometimes the google stats site, sometimes Cache), now it seems to only be waiting for SB, but either way, the result is the same.

I have the same problem, but while the problem is going on I can load, read, navigate and post to Facebook. How do I "unlink" SB from FB?

I've never been on face book and have no interest in face book. So why is the same thing happening to me?

Please don't take these questions the wrong way, but I need to understand the issues here...

Is this really a problem that it shows the page as "loading"? What is it actually doing to the pages? Is content missing? Is it preventing you from browsing the pages?

Howard, I think you understand what the issue is, just not why it's an issue for us... For me, it's just plain annoying. My browser is currently satisfied that this page is fully loaded and to be honest, I see ZERO difference in the page compared to yesterday... but I don't have a loading circle in my tab bar, nor do I have a cursor with a loading circle next to it, both of which I find distracting.

If this is a going to just be a temporary intermittent problem, which for me it seems to be, I can deal, but is it temporary and intermittent for everybody else too?

Guys do not give sb hard time :) those issues are related to the junk websites not to SB. The way to stop it is to remove those elements from the page. I guess SB will not do it as its the business model. The option you are left with doin it yourself. I use a caching proxy with plugins that remove all that garbage.

Guys do not give sb hard time :) those issues are related to the junk websites not to SB. The way to stop it is to remove those elements from the page. I guess SB will not do it as its the business model. The option you are left with doin it yourself. I use a caching proxy with plugins that remove all that garbage.
Please expand on what you are saying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom