pages never stop "loading"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For the last 12 hours or so, (last night and this morning), SB pages never fully load. The loading circle in my Chrome tab just keeps spinning and oftentimes (but not always) I'll get the status bar in the bottom telling me what it's waiting for, which isn't always the same. Sometimes it waits for facebook.com, sometimes gstatic.com, sometimes AppCache, sometimes cache and sometimes, like it's doing as I type, waiting for scubaboard.com. The pages look fully loaded and are functional (knock on wood, maybe this won't post). Pressing the browser stop button doesn't stop the swirling load circle either.

I'm using Chrome 21.0.1180.89 on windows Vista and while my internet connection is sometimes crummy (Honduran mobile stick), it's not THAT crummy.

no, not anymore, thankfully. it was getting annoying.

Is anything actually missing from the page?

That is because Facebook is slow.

Yeah, I know it sounds like a cop out, but the Facebook "Like" function actually has to communicate with Facebook, and therefore it's dependent on that. I know you've been a long time member, and I'm sure you can agree that SB is as fast as its ever been. Facebook on the other hand is pathetically slow for the #1 ranked website in the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom