Page Counter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some more information for the possible debug, whenever (or if) anyone ever gets to it: It just occurred to me that IIRC the initial search results (i.e. page 1) always seems to return 120 threads. Maybe there's an artificial limit to the database search depth, which wouldn't be unreasonable to keep processor loading down, but maybe a relatively small number more optimal for smaller forums, in which case increasing it enough to be accurate for common searches might be a partial workaround. Covering the last few days might be adequate, since these were specifically available in the drop-down menu in the old vBulletin 3 version of SB.

And maybe as a human factors tweak to make this clearer, adding the words "at least" to the part of the search results which says "Result n to m of at least x" at the bottom of the page.
Good point, I think the default on SB 3.x was 500 in New Posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom