PADI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be interested in knowing if you have other specific courses that you consider useless.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Boat Diver speciality to be bashed.

Yet Section II covers all the points regularly asked and debated on SB about liveaboards etc. Indeed personal checks which may have reduced loss off life on Conception fire, are covered.

I end up covering pretty much all of as part of our DM courses - since we predominately boat dive.

People fail to realise that some people need an excuse to go diving, they're more comfortable booking a course than just a basic dive with a stranger of unknown experience.

Not only do I cover the course material, but I also use it to improve the basic skills of the divers.

In my experience generally those who profess not to need further training nor assistance are often the worst divers.

I often go dive with another instructor to fine tune basic skills. In my real job, a student has asked how to carry out a specific operation - which has caused me to think and figure out the best way of going about it, which I would have never considered before.

Never stop learning

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread is being reviewed by moderators. There may be some posts deleted. Further the title is going to be changed.

This thread starts looking like a soccer match; people defending their side just because it is their side.

I mean, it's fun in a way :popcorn: But, like in other threads (do I have to name which one?), we are always far from perfection, and this is true for PADI as well.

What a wasted opportunity to discuss deeper of something really important for the community... (here, and in the other threads as well)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom