PADI vs SSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a PADI certified diver, but I think that the agency that you get your certification from has less to do with the agency and everything to do with your instructor. I know that I am beating a dead horse here but it can not be stressed enough that the instruction is what should be the most important not the agency.

I do not know of any instance where if you have a card for SSI or PADI or any other agency that you can not dive at a particular location. I think that it might have more to do with the type or level of certification you have. IE: if you only have a open water cert then you would not be able to dive on what is considered and advanced cert type of dive. Or if you are not certified to cave dive that you would not be able to go say cave diving.

I could be wrong about this and divers with more experience may know more...

Thanks Steele,

That clears it up a bit more for me. Thanks for the info!

Tyme

steelemagnolia6:
I'm a PADI certified diver, but I think that the agency that you get your certification from has less to do with the agency and everything to do with your instructor. I know that I am beating a dead horse here but it can not be stressed enough that the instruction is what should be the most important not the agency.

I do not know of any instance where if you have a card for SSI or PADI or any other agency that you can not dive at a particular location. I think that it might have more to do with the type or level of certification you have. IE: if you only have a open water cert then you would not be able to dive on what is considered and advanced cert type of dive. Or if you are not certified to cave dive that you would not be able to go say cave diving.

I could be wrong about this and divers with more experience may know more...

Back
Top Bottom