Padi Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't get freaked. A computer is nothing but a cartoon of a set of tables.

Or, if you prefer,

A set of tables is nothing more than a series of "every 10 minutes, every ten feet," snapshots of a computer.

A question: I'm at the part in the book re dive tables
Rather than just "part of the book", you should have been provided a separate small booklet that takes you through the dive tables.
How much of this in the actual written portion along with the other portion will these type of questions?
30-50% of Quiz 4 will be either on the table or on table-related rules. And about 20% of the final exam.

I found it taxing to figure the tables out. And more so with Nitrox tables. Once I got them I did one example from various books each day. Still do- takes about 30 seconds for air, a minute for Nitrox problems. Then it is just automatic when I dive. You'd be surprised how many experienced divers who always use the computer are rusty with the tables. I only use the computer when diving deep. Otherwise, the old dive watch and tables.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom