PADI & RNLI Sea Survival Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The course was developed by the RLNI in partnership with BSAC, but as they own the copyright and are always looking for Income the magority of material won’t be in the Public domain.

Just to make sure that I understand you, you mean that there is more in-depth information and content in the actual course with the instructor than what is presented in these videos?

Just to make sure that I understand you, you mean that there is more in-depth information and content in the actual course with the instructor than what is presented in these videos?
Them videos seem like bullet points for more discussion.

The course was developed by the RLNI in partnership with BSAC, but as they own the copyright and are always looking for Income the magority of material won’t be in the Public domain.
PADI was offering USB sticks for free with all the course content at the dive show last year... Any instructor could pick up the material...

The visual aids (powerpoint presentations) available to all BSAC instructors that meet the teaching criteria via the BSAC website.

Looks like they are putting the new stickers on the instructor's manual at the moment.

Thanks for sharing this. I just watched the videos.
The new item that I learnt from theses videos and had not heard before was if you need to ditch your weights you can save a few to tie to SMB to help keep it upright.

I was at a dive show last year and the RNLI was making a big promotion of respecting the water (a big awareness project) and encouraging seafarers,including divers to have a nautilus marine rescue GPS, dsmb, smb, strobe, or mirror and whistle. I also saw a couple sea survival course brochures. Might still have one or two at home..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom