PADI RDP Table Puzzling Question!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Post here and explanation. I just recently got my certification and started getting into diving - AN upcoming trip to Hawaii for 3 weeks was my main motivation. :) I got a SDI certification and had since read a great deal about SDI Vs PADI - It does seem that a lot of those in the SDI world have leaned hard onto the dive computers. However my instructor emphasized the need to also know how to use the charts (He was old school). It is not hard takes little time but has always been worth the effort. I love the dive computers but I will always make a dive plan using the charts and my brain before the dive and let the computer fine tune that plan during the dive.

I still use both and I use the tables in my log books for repetitive dives. If the computer goes down I have exact references and refer to them when choosing if I can dive again or not. If I'm doing shallow dives in local lakes and ponds for clean up purposes I don't even bother with a computer as the depths are under 35ft and there's no way I'm staying down for 205 mins :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom