PADI pro website and padi pro questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craig chamberlain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi
Today i recieved an email from PADI whith an attachment that i couod not open, also it had a 6 diget number which i took to be my PADI number, so here are the questions:

1) my padi number is only 6 digets and starts 320, now people who have taught me there numbers started with 6, 9 etc and i thought that the numbers would go up logically but mine has the same amount of digets and i would have hought that this number would have been taken ages ago.

2) on the site on the my account part is says status: teaching but when i check my self with my number on the pro checker it says teaching status: no and renewal :yes, why is this?

thanks
Craig Chamberlain

1.) I believe the numbers have to do with your location.
2.) Are you an instructor or just a divemaster? In order to be in teaching status, you must be an instructor, or a divemaster with an assistant instructor rating.

1.) I believe the numbers have to do with your location.
2.) Are you an instructor or just a divemaster? In order to be in teaching status, you must be an instructor, or a divemaster with an assistant instructor rating.

thanks for your response but i checked another divemaster and they are in teaching status and another padi pro from the uk starts with 95 not 31.

cheers
Craig

1. Don't pay much attention on digits - they have something to do in a pretty strange way with certification territory=)
2. Email customer service. If you are renewed for 2013 you have to be in teaching status as well.
Also it could be ProCheck working incorrectly.

If you are a DM teaching status might also have to do with whether or not you are DSD certified.

To be in teaching mode, you need to provide with your insurance information to PADI. The insurance has to be a professional one with 3.5MUSD to cover. From my memory it is the Pro silver with DAN. Other than a pro insurance, you'll get No in teaching mode even if you renew your membership.

By the way, my number starts by 320 :) and I know some starting by 308...

Does your PADI card have your number on it? That might solve at least one question.

I've heard that certs being processed by different regional offices start with different numbers, but i sort of wouldn't be surprised if they each get a chunk of numbers and run through the sequentially to some degree. one of my IDC classmates (who I also did my DM internship with) is the next number after mine... my # starts with 316, so 320 doesn't surprise me...

as a side note about teaching status... the course director who signed my DM application and taught my IDC was not in teaching status (according to Pro Chek) when my applications were processed/approved, but he must have been or I doubt padi would have approved my applications, so the tool might not be completely accurate...

Hi
Today i recieved an email from PADI whith an attachment that i couod not open, also it had a 6 diget number which i took to be my PADI number, so here are the questions:

1) my padi number is only 6 digits and starts 320, now people who have taught me there numbers started with 6, 9 etc and i thought that the numbers would go up logically but mine has the same amount of digits and i would have thought that this number would have been taken ages ago.

The numbers used to be regional. 4***** signified PADI Asia Pacific, 6***** was for PADI UK (now EMEA) 5 was possibly for PADI Europe. Then it stopped most of the new professionals now started to get 2's and now 3's

2) on the site on the my account part is says status: teaching but when i check my self with my number on the pro checker it says teaching status: no and renewal :yes, why is this?

In the UK you need a medical from an approved examiner and insurance otherwise you will not be in status. Scan and e-mail these certificates to PADI.

.. and of course DM's can't teach for the most part.

My number starts with 2. I got DM in 2011 and it says "Instructor number 2...." They said they list all DMs as instructors even though they're not. I took the standard course and it included the standard DSD stuff, so I don't know what that means (I did not take the extra apprentiship thing that allows you to do one of the DSD OW dives, etc.).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom