PADI or NAUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on?

Go to the PADI website and read for yourself my brother! They say,

"PADI Divers carry the most respected and sought after scuba credentials in the world. No matter where you choose to dive, your PADI scuba certification card will be recognized and accepted. In fact, on most scuba diving adventures you’ll be surrounded by other PADI Divers who made the same certification choice you did – to train with the world’s largest and most respected scuba diving training organization."

What more does anyone need to know? After all, isn't PADI,

"The Way the World Learns to Dive"?

Go to the PADI website and read for yourself my brother! They say,

"PADI Divers carry the most respected and sought after scuba credentials in the world. No matter where you choose to dive, your PADI scuba certification card will be recognized and accepted. In fact, on most scuba diving adventures you’ll be surrounded by other PADI Divers who made the same certification choice you did – to train with the world’s largest and most respected scuba diving training organization."

What more does anyone need to know? After all, isn't PADI,

"The Way the World Learns to Dive"?

That's what I like about you ... you have a droll sense of humor ... :rofl3:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Originally Posted by StreetDoctor
If you really have between 0-24 dives don't you think you should do some diving first?

? Referring to Hoomi? Why?

Although I would say that I could answer Street Doctor's question with an enthusiastic "Yes," even if it wasn't directed at me. :wink:

Granted, the question does make a lot more sense directed at Robert00, since he's planning on working towards an Instructor rating. Me, I'm just working towards my AOW rating and hoping for a lot more chances to dive this year.

Counting down to Fiji... w00t! Our flight takes off from LAX six weeks from tomorrow...

Street doctor, I guess if you read my previous posts about my current job, you would understand that I've been kinda busy. Iraq and Afghanistan kind of take precedence over diving, wouldn't you agree?? But it's nice to know while some of us are overseas that you have the time to dive and make comments about how many dives someone has. Didn't ask if you thought I should make it a career path

For what it's worth, the profile question / answer is for logged dives. I have personally dived ~26 times with a 13 year old girl who only has 8 logged dives. The next time I see her will be wrapping up her AOW, but she was a better physical diver at age 12, before her OW certification, than the majority of AOW divers I have ever dived with.

I went to my Instructor Factory with 8 logged dives, to start my AOW through MSDT Prep; but as a child I did over 100 J-valve dives with my dad and I had thousands of free dives under my weight belt, most into caverns and caves. If one answers the profile dive question truthfully; how many logged dives do you really have?

Yeah, I don't imagine there are many dive venues available in Afghanistan.

Now, if you could get a little time off and catch a flight down to the Red Sea, I'm told there's some real nice diving there. Not exactly real close, but a heck of a lot closer than the Keys or Cozumel.

If you ever get down to Southern Arizona, you'd be more than welcome to join us on one of the trips down to the Sea of Cortez. With Davis Monthan AFB and Fort Huachuca close by, there tends to be a lot of support for our military in this area.

Would be interesting I'm sure. Thank you for the invitation. And no, there are not very many opportunities to dive in either Afghanistan or Iraq. Got upset because I felt that I was being bashed by an individual about the number of dives I have partcipated in when all I was asking was which organization people would recommend.

Back
Top Bottom