PADI Open Water course in Okinawa or Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to scuba diving (only done the discover scuba course) but I'd like to do the open water qualification. I have some time in December when I could travel somewhere to do it. At the moment I'm trying to decide whether to go to Okinawa or Taiwan to do it.

Any advice or inforamtion on what the diving is like in those places, good dive centres etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Having never dove in Taiwan, I cannot comment on the diving there. I have been diving in Okinawa since 99'. The diving is amazing here both shore and boat. The soft coral gardens are accessible either way. If you are SOFA status, any on base dive center can take care of you. If you are not SOFA status, PM me for some good civilian instructors contact info.

I am a little partial to Okinawa diving myself. If you looking at coming down in December we can hook you up with a class and some great diving in the islands.

This might be a little late, but here goes. I live in Taipei and work for a dive shop here in Taiwan. At this time of the year you can get certified in Taiwan but it would be recommended to do this in south Taiwan due to the sea conditions in the north being unpredictable and the water temp is around 17 degrees. I dive all year in the north but few others do. It is possible to get certified in north Taiwan all year but it can be tough to find a day that is suitable. We offer courses in Taipei with pool work and open water sessions on one of our dive trips to other parts of Taiwan during the winter months or at our base on the coast if conditions allow (summer is no problem conditions are good during the dive season) If you need anymore Taiwan scuba info send me a message I would be glad to help.

Back
Top Bottom