PADI - Night Dive not mandatory since when?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve done a few at Cocoview in Roatan. Can mess up your “5” other dives that day! I usually skip the second drop-off on the boats to compensate.

I'm glad they removed it as a requirement. I have no interest in night diving so why make me do it.

I have done a very late afternoon dive though - very cool to see the lobster and other life coming out of their holes.

By 2007/08, I recall the compulsory dives being deep and navigation. We used to run a night dive from the boat but it was entirely optional, start at sunset on a fringing reef in about 5m of water for 45mins. Twilight was the first 10-15mins so a great intro to night diving. Pretty much everyone did it, and it's a great experience. Suddenly the cuttlefish and the big rays appear, a whole new experience.

I'm glad they removed it as a requirement. I have no interest in night diving so why make me do it.

I have done a very late afternoon dive though - very cool to see the lobster and other life coming out of their holes.
Agree. I have the Night cert. but not sure what for. They say mollusks come out more at night (like a lot of animals), which is perhaps why I took Night course. Too much bother and work though. I'm sure many disagree.

I thought the night dive really was a way to ensure a “low visibility” dive.

I thought the night dive really was a way to ensure a “low visibility” dive.
It is also very much about the different animal life at day and at night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom