PADI Mermaid Program - WTH??!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're entitled to your opinion.

Suggestion: write I think it's still silly

If I wrote it it's clearly what I think. It's called context. Whenever someone shares an opinion it is clearly what they think.

Reactions: Zef
I just figured it had something to do with Weeki Wachee springs. Mermaid is an actual occupation in Florida

Mermaid Shows

Yes indeed ... and has been for decades without a certification program.

Reactions: Zef
Money well spent if you ask me!

37B919DE00000578-3767138-image-a-20_1472653539999.jpg

No, but there's a whole training program and tryouts. Probably much more difficult than PADI.

Interesting! You believe the PADI program is overkill, with far more levels of training and far more difficulty than can possibly be necessary, but you believe the Training program for the Weeki Watchi mermaid program, with which you seem to have no problem, is probably much more difficult.

Can either of you explain what makes the Weeki Watchi program superior? It would be good to have those facts laid out so we can see for ourselves.

I can't believe there is enough demand and enough jobs to warrant such a thing. That just seems absurd.

I was going to point out that it was once a thriving industry until I took the course and started working. @Graeme Fraser posted a picture of me though. Now you know why it all went down hill! :rofl3:

Interesting! You believe the PADI program is overkill, with far more levels of training and far more difficulty than can possibly be necessary, but you believe the Training program for the Weeki Watchi mermaid program, with which you seem to have no problem, is probably much more difficult.

Can either of you explain what makes the Weeki Watchi program superior? It would be good to have those facts laid out so we can see for ourselves.

You seem to think that I'm taking this whole conversation seriously. I'm not sure how you got that impression. You did notice what forum I posted this in right?

The only thing I find slightly weird about the "Mermaid Program" is that that is its name. I doubt I would have batted an eye had it been something like "Mermaid Player Program."

Back
Top Bottom