PADI Instructor Numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In 97 when I became a padi instr those of us that registered thru the us office got numbers that started with a 1 (I was a crossover so didn't have a padi dm number 157937) the folks from UK that registered or had been dm's from UK had numbers that started with a 3.
I did my idc/ie in Cayman

FWIW, I got my divemaster # through PADI Asia/Pacific in June 2016. 381###.

This is wonderful! Thanks everyone for posting their "digits". Looks like 4 digits are rare and 3 digits are even more so! Congrats to everyone but in particular @Sam Miller III (with only 3 digits) and @oly5050user (4 digits)!

From what I've gathered from the posts thus far:
  • 3 digits are from the late 60s (PADI started in 1966)
  • 4 digits are from the 70s
  • 5 digits/6 digits are from the 80s
  • 6 digits are from the 90s to present

I'm 632*** and certified DM in Egypt 2004. Seems hard to pin down the formula behind all the numbers although less numbers does appear to be early:

I became a DM in 1995, number 95855. My wife was just before me 90710. IIRC, PADI Americas was 0-99999, then restarted at 150,000. PADI Asia was 100,000-149,999. Other PADI offices got different series of numbers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom