PADI GoPro Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all

I am looking for the right place to do my divemasters internship/ course. I am really attracted to Belize (Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker) but am struggling to find a 5 star IDC centres with good reviews. Please help!

If not Belize I am thinking Honduras or in fact anywhere in the Caribbean - I really want a personalised experience, and don't want to end up in a 'divemaster factory'. I also ideally want a place that is still fairly undeveloped, and provides the small, personal, laid back island experience :) Please let me know your thoughts/ experience and advice!

Thanks so much

Island Divers in San Pedro is 5 stars.

And Rudy is a great guy (owner instructor) at Island Divers.

You may want to also consider West End, Roatan for your training. West End Divers and Coconut Tree Divers are both excellent for dm training.

Why not try Costa Rica ? :wink:

Hi all

I am looking for the right place to do my divemasters internship/ course. I am really attracted to Belize (Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker) but am struggling to find a 5 star IDC centres with good reviews. Please help!

If not Belize I am thinking Honduras or in fact anywhere in the Caribbean - I really want a personalised experience, and don't want to end up in a 'divemaster factory'. I also ideally want a place that is still fairly undeveloped, and provides the small, personal, laid back island experience :) Please let me know your thoughts/ experience and advice!

Thanks so much

Hi littlebobleep :)

How about a different dive destination entirely? I see from your profile, that your location is Mexico, and I understand you’re looking to further your dive education in Belize or the Caribbean, but how about a completely different part of the world for some adventure?

Have you ever heard of an island in South East Asia called Borneo? It’s the 3rd largest island in the world and is located in the Coral Triangle, which means it offers world class diving with its amazing biodiversity of fish and coral species!

In Sabah, the northernmost Malaysian state of Borneo, is where our premier PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre operations is located and incredibly popular and successful for professional dive internships.

Our Facilities | IDC Asia

These Go PRO internship programs are fully inclusive of the conveniences to give you every chance at succeeding in your future diving career!
Such inclusions are accommodation, transport logistics between your City Centre accommodation and our Gaya Island base camp, and not to mention your professional dive training.
Have a look at this link on our Go PRO internship program to include the PADI Divemaster course:

PADI Divemaster | IDC Asia

So, as you can see the PADI Divemaster course can be completed in as little as 10 days, but an internship program requires experience for you to hone your skills of leadership through real dive experiences in roles of assisting and supervision.
You can opt to relax and take a more ‘laid back’ approach as you put it, but there is the option if you choose to get involved in as many of our PADI courses and programs which our team of PADI professionals conduct. Our Go PRO team of PADI Instructor Trainers will always encourage you to be involved as much as possible because they know the value of learning through experience to succeed in the scuba diving industry!

Do research as much as you can to reach an informed decision for yourself.
To see the ‘slice of life’ you could experience in Borneo, add us on various social media communities and keep updated on our blogs to check out what we do on a daily basis and also what our current Go PRO interns get up to as well!

Blogs:
News | Diving Sabah? Dive Downbelow!
News & Events | IDC Asia
Instructor Development Blog | Instructor Development Course IDC Malaysia, Asia

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/divedownbelow
Twitter: https://twitter.com/divedownbelow
Pinterest: Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures on Pinterest
Tumblr: http://divedownbelow.tumblr.com

Back
Top Bottom