PADI Enriched Air Certification.... a little fishy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blimey - 2 hours.

thats rebreather country for me.

Just a pair of stuffed lp108's and a single stage for me :)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I was planning on taking my Nitrox class at a NAUI shop and had been studying the 80 plus page NAUI manual. I ended up going to a PADI shop to take the class. They didn't have any Nitrox books in stock so they said don't worry about studying because it would all be covered in the class. I had NO problem passing the class. The PADI book was about 30 pages and covered only what you needed to know. There were no dives required for the cert. I was very surprised that new PADI divers do not have to learn how to use dive tables. Their thinking is that everyone has a computer now. Best I can tell after looking at the NAUI, PADI and SSI Nitrox manual, NAUI is like a university degree where the others are more like going to a trade school. Dont get me wrong, I have no problem with the PADI course and have no regrets.

Do you think Nitrox diving is an academic discipline or a practical application? :)

Back
Top Bottom