Padi EFR class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinman694:
Just wondering if anyone is a EMT? (Basic or Paramedic)

Both the wife and I are...and one of the local shops wants us
to take "their" classes on O2 provider and 1st aid before taking the rescue course???

Anyone else ever had this problem?
I'd call the agency and see what they have to say about it....

tinman694:
Just wondering if anyone is a EMT? (Basic or Paramedic)

Both the wife and I are...and one of the local shops wants us
to take "their" classes on O2 provider and 1st aid before taking the rescue course???

Anyone else ever had this problem?

If this is a PADI shop then they need to re-check their standards. All you need is proof of current CPR & 1st aid; O2 Provider is a completely separate (and elective) course which has nothing to do qualifying for any PADI course.

And if they push it, contact PADI & report them. Then go elsewhere for your dive training.

An instructor told me that CPR/1st aid and the PADI EFR course are basiclly the same. Said either one fills the requierments.

I bit the bullet last summer and became an EFR Instructor, hoping to make some additional money by certifying daycare workers, Boy & Girl scout troop leaders, etc.

So far it has been a waste of money. Hardly anyone has heard of the EFR program, Girl Scouts has not certified the program yet, Boy Scouts pretty much the same thing.

As of right now, the only good EFR is for me, is a pretty card to carry in my wallet and if I need to certify a diver for Rescue/DM.

SubMariner:
If this is a PADI shop then they need to re-check their standards. All you need is proof of current CPR & 1st aid; O2 Provider is a completely separate (and elective) course which has nothing to do qualifying for any PADI course.

And if they push it, contact PADI & report them. Then go elsewhere for your dive training.
Thanks for the responses--Followed up with a shop further out from the local area who is PADI and indicated what you said...Will be taking the class from them and avoiding the 1st shop all together. Even if it was a misunderstanding on their part--I feel like all they want is $$$ and not to establish any working relationship.

Back
Top Bottom