PADI Drysuit Course confusion REC vs TEC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I've just returned from my Easter break filled with diving and completed my drysuit course! I think in all honesty a person needs more dives to get that card. It took 8 dives for me to really dial in the buoyancy and weighting and auto exhaust valve dialing but I finally managed. The different between wet and dry it huge and buoyancy strikes again; it's a lot harder than it looks. My biggest problem was staying neutral in the first 10 feet of water without popping up, I found this to be quite difficult all weekend until my last dive where I was hovering in only 10 feet in a very shallow neutral, navigation night dive. I found that most of the time I didn't use my BCD at all yet I figured I would. I only really used it once I was doing 70+ foot dives and especially my deepest 98 foot wall dive. I needed the extra lift from the BCD to prevent myself from descending into what seemed like an infinite abyss. I was diving Nitrox on that one and needed to watch my MOD carefully and therefore used my BCD to assist but otherwise I mainly used just the drysuit and it worked well.

The conclusion to the whole story and initial question I had really comes down to the type of diving being done and the situations encountered. Thanks for all the input!

Back
Top Bottom