PADI Dry Suit Instruction?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
Details?
Do you have references to these incidents?
Thanks.

I do, but I really shouldn't get into them because I wasn't supposed to have heard about them... basically a runaway ascent occured from ~50 ft that resulted in a case of DCS resolved by subsequent hyperbaric treatment.

Boogie711:
The course would be a whole lot 'less necessary' if people would teach using the BC for buoyancy and the suit for warmth.

If you don't take a course how would someone teach you this? :wink:

Marc

AtomicWalrus:
I do, but I really shouldn't get into them because I wasn't supposed to have heard about them... basically a runaway ascent occured from ~50 ft that resulted in a case of DCS resolved by subsequent hyperbaric treatment.

What do you mean... why shouldn't we know about accidents.

AtomicWalrus:
Medical confidentiality.

Nobodys asking for the name of the unlucky diver, just details so it can be verified, and trust me, In the diving community it can be verified.

Also it seems like somebody may be responsible for letting someone else come to harm. IF, and I do mean If, this is the case, protecting them is not realy a good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom