PADI DM pre-Tests?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paddler3d

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just began my DM training.

Aside from the Self Assessments and Knowledge Reviews in the DM manual, are there practice exams out there?

I didn't do PADI AOW or Rescue, but I remember for my PADI OW that the questions in the manual were real similar to what appeared on the test.

The workbook that comes with the DM package is a great set of practice questions for most of the course. It also includes the answers and descriptions of the answer, which is quite good. The ones that aren't there are pretty basic tests on the first couple of chapters in the handbook.

I just began my DM training.

Aside from the Self Assessments and Knowledge Reviews in the DM manual, are there practice exams out there?

I didn't do PADI AOW or Rescue, but I remember for my PADI OW that the questions in the manual were real similar to what appeared on the test.

I trust you met the prerequisites through another organization?

the exams for the DM Manual portion are close to the chapter reviews, but you will have had to read the chapters to answer all the questions as not all questions on the exam will be covered in the reviews.

the rest? well, I haven't gotten there yet.. there is a sticky in the going pro section with lots of advice :wink:

I trust you met the prerequisites through another organization?

the exams for the DM Manual portion are close to the chapter reviews, but you will have had to read the chapters to answer all the questions as not all questions on the exam will be covered in the reviews.

the rest? well, I haven't gotten there yet.. there is a sticky in the going pro section with lots of advice :wink:

I did my AOW (Deep, Navigation, Night) and Rescue through SDI, as well as NITROX.

At the end of the DM Manual is a list of 176 questions, which all tie back to the Knowledge Reviews. Hopefully if I know these answers that will get me to that 75%!

Last weekend was my first weekend and we did a pretest of the 20 skills. I did fairly well. Most importantly I learned what I'll need to dial in a 5 for each skill.

I had a moment of *** though. I thought it was a 800m swim and a 400m snorkel. Fortunately, it is the other way around.

I am currently doing my Dm exams and a firm understanding of the material in both the DM manual and the and the encyclopedia of recreational diving will see you through. Although there are only two exams andif you muck up one you find out where you wehnt wrong and its pritty much impossible to not pass on the second.

The sticky topic is also reallw helpful in knowing what to read up on.

Narcossis

PM sent.

I've got a few practice quizzes I put together for instructor candidates. I can send them to you. - need your email address though.

I did my AOW (Deep, Navigation, Night) and Rescue through SDI, as well as NITROX.

At the end of the DM Manual is a list of 176 questions, which all tie back to the Knowledge Reviews. Hopefully if I know these answers that will get me to that 75%!

Last weekend was my first weekend and we did a pretest of the 20 skills. I did fairly well. Most importantly I learned what I'll need to dial in a 5 for each skill.

I had a moment of *** though. I thought it was a 800m swim and a 400m snorkel. Fortunately, it is the other way around.

People can bash PADI and others all they want, but that DM course is not super easy. By the way, if you have split fins, wear them. They may not be that great for tech diving, but you'll smoke everyone else on the snorkel portion if you wear them. I wore mine and I got a 4 or a 5. My buddy (who was an awesome guy) swam the 400 yard swim right around the same time as me, but his 5 pound jet fins couldn't propel him through the water on the snorkel swim like my splits. EASE had us do the whole water test in one day, which made it a challenge (not that I would have wanted it any other way).

Also, see if your CD has a video for the 20 skills. EASE had a video that you could watch with one of their CD Phillipe Yersin doing the skill circuit to the standard of all 5's. I used to watch this at night and practice the drills. It worked great as well. It also cannot hurt to practice the gear exchange and buddy breathing while swimming with your dive buddy either.

It's hard as heck to get a 5 on the 400 yard swim, and I swim 3-4 times per week. I'm sure you'll do fine but you don't want to be one of those dumpy divemasters who cannot swim more than a couple of hundred yards. You gotta be out front showing people what right looks like, ya know? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom