PADI Divemaster Exam Study Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are eight required PADI DM exams: Physics, Physiology & First Aid, Equipment, Decompression Theory and RDP, Dive Skills and the Environment, Supervising Activities for Certified Divers, Supervising Student Divers in Training, and PADI Divermaster Conducted Programs. You must have 75 percent or better to pass.

Joe-diver, that is a very good point. DMC need to be aware of the Risks and Business aspects of the job.

I finished my written exams tonight.

One note about the Divemaster Conducted Prgrams Exam -- the current DM crewpack contains a CD with the Instructor Guides you need. There is no need to borrow/steal/purchase a full Instructor Guide for the exam.

I would also recommend taking the DM manual and going to the back where there are like 168 questions. Along with the workbook I answered them as well in preparation for the exams and internship.

Thanks for the study guide, I appreciate the words of experience with regards to studying such a massive amount of information

I found this post after completing the DMT. I enter the IDC in July and will use the "Joe Diver strategy" to review and prepare.

Thanks,

Arizona

In law school we learned to prepare comprehensive outlines of our courses. The outlines were time-consuming to create, but it made studying for the final (the only exam, incidentally) a lot easier.

I thought about outlining the DM manual while I read it, but I found a shortcut--I discovered that the instructor manual has a lecture outline for each of the topics covered in the exams. I reviewed those outlines the night before the exams, and obviously after I had read the DM manual and had completed the workbook. The lecture outlines, with very few exceptions, tell you everything you need to know for the exams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom