PADI Divemaster..Cost of Insurance of Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to be a active PADI DM in the United States you must have liability insurance per the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI Standards, and have your yearly dues paid in full.

You can get you insurance anywhere that will insure you. There are a number of threads on who has the best price, but it is all about $300 to $400 a year.

Outside of the U.S. I do not know what the requirements are, but I can't believe that a PADI dive professional in Canada would be able to get away with not having insurance.

Some other certification agencies also will require liability insurance, but not being afiliated I can't tell you the rules.

The DM manual (p.155, paragraph 2) indicates to me that insurance is recommended, not a blanket requirement everywhere (in the U.S., I assume they are referring to). Maybe it's talking about inactive DMs, but I don't think so.

It only takes a phone call to your PADI office to confirm the insurance requirements.

For instance, in the UAE (where i am now), insurance is not required, but in the UK (where I'm from), it is required

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom