PADI Course Directors in Japan for civillians?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jedi_diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Guys,

I just passed my IE!!! Now I want to work on the next step in my diver education. I was wondering if there are any PADI CD's out there in Japan that speak English and can teach civillians (non-SOFA).

I am just checking my options. I want to start up on my specialty courses (instructor level). If you guys have any leads please reply to this post or PM me.

Thanks!
JD

Congratulations!

Kubo-san at Ex-Scuba and Kaku-san at Ocean Tech Divers both are CDs and speak English. I think Kenneth is still here in Japan as well. Kubo-san knows him. All based in Tokyo.

Does anyone know if there are any in Okinawa? I don't have access to the bases so I am looking for someone that can teach civillians down here.

According to PADI Japan's webpage there are 54 Padi dive centers on Okinawa proper. A good deal of them state they conduct instructor training. If your not fluent in Japanese I doubt they'll be much help to you though.
Other alternative is to cross over to NAUI and do con ed with Reef encounters, as you know they're off base and have no issues with teaching non japanese speakers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom