PADI Cert Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They keep photos on file. If you can gert an instructor to send in a new PIC for the change of name only. Maybe he'll just charge you for the PIC card. Only restriction I know of on photos is no sun glasses.

Regards,

cayman diver:
Padi do have photos onfile for all levels my nitrox, rescue and deep ones all are from photos on file
thanks
Justian

Only for a year now...if your last cert was more than a year ago with PADI, you have to submit a new picture. I just verified that a couple of weeks ago when doing paperwork for a lost card for a student.

I think your avatar looks good and it has a blue background!

PADI says no hats or glasses, no specs on the background. Wouldn't worry too much about the background, it should be cropped fairly close to enlarge the face and head. I tried to send one in with my son giving a thumbs up under his chin, they cropped it further to only show the face (the background was a bookshelf full of books).

My DM app that I'm sendng in tomorrow morning only specified size and said head and shoulders shot. Photo booth pic ok. So they are not too picky. at the shop we use a PADI banner as a background.

cayman diver:
Padi do have photos onfile for all levels my nitrox, rescue and deep ones all are from photos on file
thanks
Justian

If you did all those courses with the same shop, then it's likely that the photo came from the shop file not PADI.

That being said, PADI does have a box on the PIC applications that can be checked that indicate to use photo on file. They don't specify that the last photo must have been submitted within the past year. Personally, I don't trust that so I always send in a new photo with the app. I have my own file of student photos on my computer for that purpose.

Just to clarify... you want to get a name change on an existing card, right?

PADI will ask for a copy of a legal name change, marriage certificate, or similar document to do this. I believe that currently this can only be done by having a paper PIC or this form and then sending them in via snail mail.

mine is me in a cowboy hat in profile playing guitar in the middle of the desert. I don't think they care, as long as it's you in the photo.

Dive-aholic:
If you did all those courses with the same shop, then it's likely that the photo came from the shop file not PADI.

Definatly not i'm doing my DM there and we dont use photos on file in fact I ticked photo on file with padi on the pic card and sent it off and thay came back fine. Some people say padi have to have has a photo in the last year but mine came back with a photo from 2 years ago.
Happy Diving
Justian

If you just download the Replacement card form from
http://www.padi.com/padi/en/kd/c-card/default.aspx

Now if you email the PADI office any digital photograph and provide you credit card info they will process the replacement c card for you. The staff in the office are really quite accomodating.

Alternatively you can just call your local office and have them change the name on your file, and either fax or email them a scan of proof, as long as you don't want a new card I believe its not chargeable.

If in doubt call them, they always answer the phone and generally are very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom