• SSI

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • NAUI

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • Other(Please list)

Votes: 23 13.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottyroz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I always see PADI bashing but i know everyone had to start somewhere. What agency did you first learn how to dive from(OW)?

UCCA

Underwater Council of Canada Alberta chapter at Univercity of Alberta.

Just wondering if this thread will take the sinister tones that most others have in regards to bashing a particular agency?

Was lucky to get a c card from a good instructor who taught from a good shop...really didn't matter what the agency was.

Other - dove for quite awhile with no certification. Went on to instruct for SSI, then crossed-over to PADI (more job ops, 20+ yrs ago)

I agree with that. I think you can only learn as good as the instructor teaches. I have no thoughts either way. I am secure in the fact that my instructor was very thorough and stressed safety extremely well. I am a firm believer in the instuctor and not the letters that precede the agency.

Just my opinion though........

I started out with IDEA.

tinman694:
Just wondering if this thread will take the sinister tones that most others have in regards to bashing a particular agency?
I hope it doesnt get off course, i was just curious to see where people got their original OW. I feel like people tend to forget their roots.

Back
Top Bottom