Paddlewheeler Report 4/07/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandersondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Dove the paddlewheeler this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Although kind of chilly, 66 degrees at depth, there was 15 feet of vis and lots of sheepshead. The wreck has uncovered alittle more than last year, and all the trash that was around it is now gone. Computer read max depth at 16 feet.

I almost came up that way this morning hoping to find some divers. All the beaches looked empty and I was bored. So I headed back home to bed. LOL It's good to hear it uncovering more I would like to take some overall length measuring of it and try and figure out if it is the Miami

Everything I've read, reffers to it as the Miami, dunno if there is any question in that matter. Alot of it is still under sand regardless.

Thanks for the report, I'll be diving it shortly.

If you look up the Miami most records you find will have it lost off the eastern coast. I found very little information on it I sure wish they actually made one book a person could put faith in. Unless it was scuttled completely under that sand someplace there has to be something that would put a name to it. I have read there are several wrecks along the sandbars. It seems funny in all these years no one has claimed that they stumbled across any

The Miami off the eastern coast was older, I believe this to be a different Miami all together. Most of the boat is under sand, because the sandbar has shifted over it, its a matter of nature. Relief consists of rubble off the top of the hull, balast, boilers, paddle hubs, and a few large masts or similar.

Sanderson, pull any fish off?

SuPrBuGmAn:
The Miami off the eastern coast was older, I believe this to be a different Miami all together. Most of the boat is under sand, because the sandbar has shifted over it, its a matter of nature. Relief consists of rubble off the top of the hull, balast, boilers, paddle hubs, and a few large masts or similar.

Sanderson, pull any fish off?

Took my gun out there because I a friend of mine has my spearpole, and because the cobia are running now. I saw some small flounder, but nothing worth taking. So no, no fish this time. Maybe when the water gets alittle warmer.

Yeah, I ended up out there Sunday and saw quite a few small/medium flounder and lots of sheep. I had no intention of taking any though - took a halfdozen flounders off the Whiskey on Saturday that I need to ingest first :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom