Paddlefish sightings in Loch Low-Minn!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, after our nth visit to Loch Low-Minn, we finally tagged a few shots of the elusive paddlefish today!

There were quite a few empty setup tables, so the water wasn't overly silted, and the Loch had about 40'-50' visibility on the far (north) side. As we cruised past the outcropping, at about 25', the viz dropped to about 15'-20', and suddenly two large shapes drifted into view 15' feet out, and 5' above us.

For the next 10 minutes, my buddy (my wife) and I were treated to the sight of watching two of these magnificent 'dinosaurs' as they swam back and forth in a feeding pattern, their mouths distended under their paddles, resembling mini-basking sharks.

The paddlefish were approximately four to five feet in length, and had absolutely no fear of us, with the exception of our bubbles...

We also had the pleasure of Kraken and his wife, and friend, at the table next to us (lamenting not catching a glimpse of these fabulous critters himself today :wink: ).

great pictures,I wondered what a paddlefish looked like,I need to get up there sometime and maybe spot some.

Hey, B !!!

I finally did get to see the paddle fish !!!

I'll drop a pic as soon as I get it color corrected.

It was great seeing you guys up there Sunday. It certainly added to our enjoyment.

Let us know when you guys can "run off" again.

the K

darn! BKP you need to send me the shots so I can golor correct them for you! They look great!

Hey, B . . .

We know you guys are "kid challenged", but iffen ya ever git a chance . . . going up to the Loch, diving and camping over makes for a great weekend.

Here's the shot of the paddle fish that I was able to get:

Paddle_Fish_07.jpg

the K & YAF

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom