Padang Bai diving - planning advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As the managers wife at Absolute, I wonder if you would let me know what you saw that you didn't like? Any feedback will be gratefully received! We cannot improve if we aren't told. Thanks :cool2:

Are you Stijns wife? Congrats on your baby :D. It must be about 1 now?

BTW Absolute is a top notch shop I did OW with Stijn & went back for AOW! The rental gear is fantastic and so is the service. It is also a nice place to stay and hang out.

If you're unhappy with your dive shop in padangbai in any way, Absolute is fantastic! I'll be there in a few months myself :D! And ditto - DON'T MISS MANTA POINT!

08-05:
Blue Lagoon 2 afternoon dives.
09-05:
Manta Point / Penida 2 dives + 1 night dive Blue Lagoon.
10-05:
Tulamben Ship Wreck - 2 dives + 1 night dive at Blue Lagoon area
11-05:
Gili Biaha / Tepekong 2 dives + 1 night dive at Blue Lagoon area

If you're on a budget I'd personally do a few days at padangbai then take a tourist shuttle up to tulemben - find puri madha - the oldest shop on the beach just north of the public dive access (you need your own gear) & stay for $6 in a basic room and dive for $7 a tank. Beware it's not top notch like Absolute but still peaceful. You can rent good gear from another shop (the shop at the beginning of puri madha's road) Nice bungalows are us $22. You should be able to shore dive with a guide for $15 - night diving is cool here! This is worth 2 more days. But the city life is more fun in padangbai. Tradeoffs.

Tepekog is ok but I think Tulemben is better. Don't miss Manta point & blue lagoon night diving is also cool.

Best to spend your last decompression day is in Ubud getting massages from Wyan at "bodyworks massage" all the drivers know where it is ;-) Shopping is fun!!!

have a great time!

Have fun!

Sorry to resucitate this old thread; I just wanted to add for anyone interested that I wrote a full report on Water Worx in the Indonesia subforum.

About Absolute, I have to say they have a very nice looking shop, and it's also a good option if you need to buy any equipment in Padang Bai.

About Air Diving Academy, they have really good minivans!

Cheers!

Difficult to compare as these dive centres are quite a distance apart. I used to be one of the managers at Absolute Scuba until last year, which is a 22 roomed dive resort set by the beach in Padang Bai, a quiet fishing village and the home to the ferries and fast boats to the Gilis and Lombok islands.

Blue Season, by comparison, is based in Sanur, which is a busier tourist town than Padang Bai, if you like nice shops and restaurants.

Hi,
I'm definitely biased since I'm an instructor at Geko Dive. However, the reasons why I chose to work here may help you make your choice.
What I love about Padang Bai is that the dive shops have their own boats just in front of the shops. The local dive sites are just a few minutes away from the schools and the furthest sites are one hour by boat (Manta Point) or car (Tulamben/Amed). It's just a great location if you want to cover as many dive sites around Bali as you can without spending too much time in buses...
It's also a nice quiet village with a great beach (Bias Tugul/White Sand Beach) and a limited but nice choice of accommodation, restaurants and bars.
Have a look at our website if you want to learn more!

U mean going to manta point will be your own company boat? Hmm. Will drop by on Sunday. :)
Most of the dive centres in Padang Bai have their own speedboats Jeffrey.:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom