Pactola Reservoir in South Dakota

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracyN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be asking this but it's the closest I can find. I am going to be coming up to the Black Hills in August to visit my family and of course no trip would be complete without sampling some of the local diving. I hear there is a city buried under Pactola and I've always wanted to see it. I contacted the main dive shop Black Hills Scuba and they told me that coming from Florida i would be very disappointed as there is usually only 10 ft of vis. I find that hard to believe because when I was growing up the water was always very clear and you could see to the bottom. The also told me that most of the city had been removed. They said that it is the best lake to dive but that they don't take trips there so I would have to do it from shore or by private boat. Personally I think they were trying to deter me from diving and I take that as a challenge. I will dive this lake somehow. I was wondering if anyone else has dived it and if so could they give me any hints. Thanks a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom