Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB Invasion to the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank You Audrey!!! I knew there was a simple answer somewhere!! I looked back through my email archives and there it was Feb 17th. It was buried in all of work emails, I had forgotten all about it. Replied back to Maduro email and they responded within a minute saying I was on the list. Wooohooo!!!!!
Thanks again!!

Thanks Audrey for stepping in to answer questions. :hugs:

Now onto the questions about not receiving email confirmations from the Atlantis Online Dive Waiver. They said to not worry about it, worst case you fill out an actual form when you get there. So no worries! :)

Last edited:
I'm working on an answer. Do either of you have Comcast as your internet provider by any chance? They did say they were experience issues with that provider.

I sent a mail to Attlantis and they answer that my form arrived whit some errors, so I provided them that info again by mail.

We had a few questions posted in Invasion Central, but I thought I would also put the info here for those interested.

Q1???
Hotel FAQ says: Sockets are flat two or three pin - American style.
What does this mean? What do I need to plug stuff in my room? I'm used to just bringing a big powerstrip to the caribbean.

Please refer to the Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB Invasion to the Philippines thread. There you'll find an image of the plug and a link to the type of converter that's needed. Post #27

Q2???
Tip 10% but not with a credit card. Anyway we can prepay our tips like you can on a cruise ship?

From Atlantis "Yes, all gratuities need to be paid in cash. Unfortunately here if we show it as a credit card sale the Tax authorities will charge VAT (plus the card processing fees)
To prepay we are not set up to do it and do not usually (most people find they can carry this amount of cash without too many worries. The resorts are safe and have room safety deposit boxes)

We also asked to verify "Also on a side note Excursions and add-on’s like the Verde Island can be paid at the resort by credit card correct?"
From Atlantis "Yes sure no problem… retail, incidental bills etc. all on cards is fine"

Hi Dennis and Roxanne, yeah I too would like to have the tipping thing sorted out/advice about that beforehand especially since we're not allowed to tip on our credit cards? I typically pay for everything on credit when I travel and try to carry as little cash as possible.

However my main question for logging in today is the SPA... I notice there are no prices on the Atlantis website however TripAdvisor has mentioned many times that the spa services are excellent and not overpriced (this gets me excited... LOL)... so can you get a hold of a menu with prices for us please? I'd like to plan head for several expenditures at the SPA for my vacation :D

Here you go!

View attachment 371029

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Are there going to be any events scheduled for those of us that live in the Philippines?

A meet and greet or something similar?

I'm sorry, but that will not be available for this event.

Thank you all for your patience.

Last edited:
Adding additional posts for everyone's info.

Dubi said:
Q1???
Hotel FAQ says: Sockets are flat two or three pin - American style.
What does this mean? What do I need to plug stuff in my room? I'm used to just bringing a big powerstrip to the caribbean.
Please refer to the Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB Invasion to the Philippines thread. There you'll find an image of the plug and a link to the type of converter that's needed.
9419572_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

I bring a 3 prong powerstrip when I travel. That adapter does not have a ground. Is there an adapter that will allow me to plug in my power strip?

Here's a link to another model that would work. Smooth Trip International Converter/Adapter
Or you can also just buy this to adapt the other converter to 3 prong. Axis 45086 3-Prong to 2-Prong Electrical Adapter, 2pk - Walmart.com

Last edited:
Apparently, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I thought one thing but am currently living in the State of Confusion. :D

Daniel and I went to the Travel Dr yesterday and these were his recommendations:

Hep A / Hep B (Heb B lasts a lifetime. Hep A must be repeated and mine had been 10 years ago)
Typhoid
Tetanus
Malaria pills: both resorts are in CDC Malaria zone map
Ambien (to get sleep regulated)

Meds to have just in case:
Cipro
Z pack

-----My 2 cents on the Hep A/B. Everyone needs these. You can be exposed anywhere even in the states.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom