Packing for the island hop with Cayman Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always bring your dive computer in your carry-on. That’s the one item that you REALLY REALLY need with you on day one of a multi-day dive vacation.

Always bring your dive computer in your carry-on. That’s the one item that you REALLY REALLY need with you on day one of a multi-day dive vacation.
I knew I was a few pounds over so I actually took my dive computer out and put it in my pocket before checking in at the Cayman Air counter! Turns out it was all for naught since they never bothered to weigh the carryon and I did just hold it in my lap. The plane was only about half full and all the luggage made the trip.

The group from the day before was not so lucky. Only about half arrived with their checked bags.

Attachments

• B05B57CC-42A5-41E3-95DD-8592B257AA77.jpeg
    B05B57CC-42A5-41E3-95DD-8592B257AA77.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 51
So much depends on how many and much is on the plane. Some travel at the lowest of low season only which might seem like the best time to go. Yes it is cheaper, but locals know that, it is the time that local restaurants/bars etc are revamping and locals from sisters come shopping in GC, Jamaica and Florida so don’t be surprised if weight limits are made. Pain for tourists but they are getting the benefit of cheapest time of year. Week days are usually better than weekends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom