Packing BP&W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC:
Yep Lubold....that would be me....or at least I am one that does it. Got the container at LOWES very cheaply and wrap a couple of suitcase straps around it so it wont pop open with the luggage ape handling. The bcd I put in there is a SeaQuest Pro QD and it works very nicely.

Ahhh... it was you Rich... I might try that the next time I travel. Sounds like a good way to pack... I wonder what the TSA would think of it though???

Yup. My I pack my entire BC (Scubapro X-Tek), regulator and dive camera in my carry-on. It's a rather large backpack. Airline people sometimes harass me but when I tell them it is 'life support' they let me go. Mind you I have not flown with my gear for a few years now. Don't know if things might be different after 911.

Layers is the way to go, I travel all over the world and it's impossible to protect 100% of everything 100% of the time; but layers work best.

TC

Back
Top Bottom